I know I'm so behind on my blog posts, here we are in 2012 and I'm still behind Halloween! With all the wedding planning and finishing out my school term (homework almost every night) in December + a family trip down to visit Matt's family in Paso Robles, CA (Central Coast), I'm behind the times right now. Below is our trip out to Terrebonne for our 3rd annual pumpkin patch trip. We headed out on a Sunday afternoon which was pretty mellow, not too many people, and they offered us a free hay ride! We had a blast!
 |
| The beginning of our hay ride |
 |
| The "Eeyore's" Mommy! |
 |
| As we proceeded into the field while we were on the hay ride, we got hit with over a dozen hungry cows! The wagon we were sitting on was shaking like crazy! I don't think I've ever been this close to a cow before. It was a good time and the boys got a kick out of it. |
 |
| As soon as she saw us approaching her, this horse bucked her back legs and started galloping all around us on the hayride. She was a beauty! |
 |
| Before picking out our pumpkins, we decided to head toward the potato fields to pick out some delicious, red, yukon gold, and russet potatoes. |
 |
| It was a long ride from the barn (Part of Smith Rock in the background) |
 |
| As we entered the field, I asked Matt where all the potatoes were to be picked? He looked at me with the WTF face and said "Are you serious Heidi? You have no idea?" And I really didn't. "We dig for them!" Hence the shovel he carried all that way (I didn't notice because I'm too worried about taking all the pictures). I honestly had no idea that potatoes were grown in the ground! |
 |
| And so we dug... |
 |
| and dug... |
 |
| and dug... |
 |
| Until the shirts came off... |
 |
| And then it was time for play... |
 |
| We found this homemade play area but since we came out to the patch so late in the day we were the only ones on the playground! |
 |
| We played... |
 |
| and played... |
 |
| and played... |
 |
| Until we shut the place down. Literally. The last family to leave D&D pumpkin patch. And there was nothing wrong with that. We had a beautiful family day! |
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment