Brooklyn had his 1 year well check last Thursday. The Dr. is so booked up that he had it the day before he turned 13 months old. Our handsome little man is 21 lbs. 9 oz. which puts him in the 25th percentile for weight and he is 30 1/4 inches tall which puts him in the 40th percentile for height. We can't believe how big our baby is now. I constantly glance back at his newborn pictures and can't believe what a sweet little man he is growing up to be. He is constantly walking everywhere, practically running. He gets into everything still. Loves cell phones, home phone, daddy's video game controllers, and the TV controllers. Go figure. Everything he loves aren't toys. He tries to talk all the time saying banana, I love you, dadda, momma, and every once in awhile we'll catch him mocking us. He loves it when we read him his favorite books. He has a Dora book, when I ask him where Dora is on all the pages, he will point her out. He loves getting his teeth brushed. Daddy's sonicare is his favorite. Brooklyn loves going for strolls on gorgeous sunny days, and he's finally warming up to the dog. He will walk up to him while we're outside and grab onto his fur while screaming with excitement. His favorite moment of the day is when Daddy walks thru the front door after coming home from work. He latches onto Matt and won't let go for a loooong time!
Brooklyn and I recently joined the Moms Club of Bend. We have a Moms Club meeting once a month where we meet at a church and the kids run around the basement of the church for a couple hours while the moms are meeting and going over the monthly calendar which consists of cooking groups, park days, special events, book groups, moms nights out...etc. I watch Brooklyn play with all the kids from different age groups but his favorites are the bigger boys. He loves tagging along with the 3 and 4 year old boys. They run all over the basement of the church. Moms Club also put Brooklyn and I in a weekly playgroup with moms my age and kids his age. We go to parks, meet at eachothers houses, go to kids gyms, library...etc. It's a blast for him to socialize with other kids and fun for me to meet new friends!
I'm also joining a class called Stroller Strides. It's a good way for me to get my prenatal exercise while strolling Brooklyn around. We start doing that 2 days a week after Matt and I find a family car. We are currently sharing his car since we sold my 2 door. We are looking to buy a family vehicle to fit our party of 4, a dog, and extra baggage (strollers, groceries...etc) and something with a hitch to pull our boat. I started prenatal yoga and will continue to do that any chance Grandma Diane can watch Brooklyn since Matt works during the day. It's a relaxing and a peaceful time for me to focus on my new baby which is hard to do during the day when I'm with Brooklyn.
Matt and I are doing wonderful, healthy, and happy! I've started planning for our wedding and once I have all the details, I will post!

No comments:
Post a Comment