Friday, June 8, 2012

{April} Cousin Rachelle's Baby Shower

In April we headed up to Puyallup, WA to my cousin Rachelle's baby shower. This was the 2nd longest road trip the boys have been on. We pulled into Puyallup at around 8pm, completely exhausted and hungry. The boys were ready to get out of their car seats, eat, and go to bed. We had reservations at The Fairfield Marriott Hotel, thank you Priceline. In a perfect world, we would have been able to check in, head upstairs to our room, eat, and go to bed. Not this time. We went to check in and apparently there was some sort of mix up. We had all our stuff sitting in the lobby, our kids crying in the their stroller, and 2 very frustrated parents. After about a half hour of sitting there, the Marriott employee came to grant us a free upgrade for their mix up. It turned out to be a bitter-sweet situation. I'm so thankful for the upgrade because sleeping in a hotel with 2 young boys who normally sleep in their own rooms, Adrian still in his crib, gave Matt and I a chance to go to the living room of our suite and have quiet, alone time after the boys fell asleep.

Our little living room
This is how we eat when we don't have a table and chairs and I was not about to let my boys spill food all over their couches..I know..so irresponsible of us!

 Saturday, we headed over to my Aunt Kelly and Uncle Jim's for my cousin Rachelle's baby shower. My Mom drove over from Liberty Lake, WA to join in on the fun and to spend the weekend with her grandsons. My Aunt decorated her house so cute with black and red as the theme colors. It was really good to see everyone!




Here I am with my Aunt Kelly and my Mom.
Muah! I love you Momma!












My very pregnant cousin Rachelle
Getting measured for a baby shower game.


After our super long day, we headed back to the hotel. We ordered a pizza, put the boys to bed, and watched a movie.
Here I am trying so hard to get my boys to fall asleep. It was a tough task but they finally fell asleep at around 10pm. My cousin got married the next day (Easter) but we were unable to attend as we needed to get home and regroup for classes the next day.



 Congratulations to Tim and Rachelle on getting married and getting ready to have your baby girl, Hadley Sophia Herrington. We wish you well!

1 comment:

cat.lanosa said...

OMG Heidi! You look exactly like me how I looked 25 years ago, while you are laying there...can't believe it!! I love all of the photos, what a fam! Love mom